Lake Mashu & Foot Bath... | XV2L
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Lake Mashu & Foot Bath Experience
Starting from $229 USD / Adult
Discover the eastern side of Hokkaido, visiting Lake Mashu, Mt. Iou, and the foot baths at Kawayu Onsen. Begin your adventure with a journey to Lake Mashu, a crater lake, celebrated as one of the clearest lakes in the world. The water here is as blue as lapis. See for yourself why the Ainu indigenous people revered this as place as the “lake of the gods.” Then, make your way to Mt. Iou, Sulfur Mountain, an active volcano near Kawayu Onsen. Trails take you past steaming and smoking hot vents. Vendors often sell eggs cooked by the natural heat of the mountain. After your hike, sit down to a delicious Japanese-style lunch, followed by a visit to the Kawayu Onsen, a hot springs resort. The natural spring water has a high sulfuric hydrogen content, which has natural antibacterial properties. Soak your feet in the naturally-healing water.
- Visit Lake Mashu, one of the world’s most translucent lakes.
- Enjoy a traditional Japanese lunch near Mt. Iou, “Sulfur Mountain” where vendors sell cooked eggs near the volcano’s hot vents.
- Soak your feet in the natural healing water at Kawayu Onsen.
What to bringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Towel (from ship)
What to wearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Wind/water resistant jacket
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.8 mile over flat, uneven, and unpaved surfaces, and negotiate approximately 30 steps.
- Coach cannot accommodate electric scooters. Only folding wheelchairs are permitted.
- Guests must be able to negotiate a few steps to enter and exit the coach.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Kushiro, Japan||Kushiro, Japan|
|Tour Code XV2L||XV2L|
|Duration7.50 Hours||7.50 Hours|