Royal Palace and The Old Town | WS47
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Royal Palace and The Old Town
Starting from $85 USD / Adult
Stroll through the Middle Ages on a guided exploration that winds through the streets of Stockholm’s Old Town. Stand before the Royal Palace and marvel at its grand façade. Better yet, go inside to wander through the Baroque and Rococo interiors of state apartments, still used for royal functions. Continue down the cobbled alleys and narrow passages that crisscross the city. Pass the famed cathedral, the oldest church in Stockholm, and stroll along the Great Square, dominated by the Old Stock Exchange. Today, this medieval masterpiece houses the Nobel Museum and the Swedish Academy, which each year selects the Nobel Laureate for Literature.
- Enjoy a guided walk through the medieval streets of Old Town, past its 13th century Cathedral and the Nobel Museum.
- Visit the state apartments inside the Royal Palace, which now serves as the King’s working headquarters.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over cobblestone streets.
- There is a 150-step staircase inside the Royal Palace
- If the Royal Palace is closed for a private function a venue substitution will be made, and change will be announced onboard the ship.
- Photography is not permitted inside the Royal Palace.
- Cameras and video equipment are not permitted in the Royal Armoury.
- Time permitting, guests will have approximately 45 minutes free time in Old Town.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Stockholm, Sweden||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Tour Code WS47||WS47|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|