Te Papa Taonga Cultural Experience | WLG1
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Te Papa Taonga Cultural Experience
Starting from $299 USD / Adult
Delve into the history and traditions of New Zealand’s Maori tribe on a behind the scenes tour of Te Papa. This is exclusive small-group excursion, known as the Taonga Maori Tour, provides far more than a fleeting glimpse at artifacts. It takes you deep inside the tribal customs and heritage of the Maori. Enjoy a true insider’s perspective as you explore the museum led by a Maori guide, before going behind the scenes with who are the trusted “Kaitiaki” or “cultural guardians” of these collections. Learn the rituals by which they handle and care for their treasures. Enjoy up-close looks at artifacts not on display for the general public. Trace Maori history through stories and objects on display, and marvel at the thoughtful and dutiful way the past is proudly preserved. Afterwards, unwind and enjoy fresh snacks with your Maori hosts. Feel free to ask questions and share your reflections on this truly immersive experience.
- Travel to Te Papa and embark on the Taonga Maori Tour for a rare look at Maori treasures.
- Enjoy an up-close and intimate look at artifacts that are not on general display.
- Interact with Maori “cultural guardians” who will provide unique insight into tribal customs and traditions.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Pregnant women and those with back, neck or knee issues should not select this tour.
- Cameras, audio and video recorders are not permitted, unless approval is given by the guide.
- Your tour will be conducted by a driver who will also act as your guide.
|Location Wellington, New Zealand||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Tour Code WLG1||WLG1|
|Duration3.50 Hours||3.50 Hours|