Mousa Island Discovery | WK01
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Mousa Island Discovery
Starting from $89 USD / Adult
Ferry across deep-blue waters to the Shetland Island of Mousa, where you’ll enjoy a self-guided day of discovery amid this rugged and uninhabited landscape. Upon landing on these stoic shores, trek north for a peek at the colonies of Common and Grey Seals that thrive amid this protected territory. Mousa Island is also home to an abundance of breeding seabirds, including graceful Arctic Terns, Arctic Skuas, and their larger cousins, the Great Skua. Dominating the island are the ruins of a 2,000-year-old castle, crowned by a 43-foot stone tower that still looms over the land. Explore the beehive chambers of this ancient marvel for a close look at the craftsmanship of Iron Age builders. Learn about the stronghold’s history and climb to the top of the tower for sweeping views in every direction. Discover one of Scotland’s natural and historic treasures on this brisk and breezy exploration of Mousa Island.
- Board a ferry for the panoramic crossing to rugged Mousa Island, uninhabited since the 19th century.
- Embark on a self-guided exploration to discover the seals and protected birds that call Mousa Island home.
- Marvel at the great tower of Mousa Broch, a fortress dating back 2,000 years.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Warm, layered clothing
- This tour requires walking over uneven and natural surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with back, neck and knee issues should not select this tour.
- Adverse weather conditions may limit portions of this tour.
- This tour may be cancelled due to adverse weather conditions that cause the ferry to cancel its scheduled trips.
- Wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.
|Location Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland||Lerwick/Shetland, Scotland|
|Tour Code WK01||WK01|
|Duration4.25 Hours||4.25 Hours|