Sachsenhausen Memorial Camp | WA38
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Sachsenhausen Memorial Camp
Starting from $299 USD / Adult
Experience the chilling grounds of the Sachsenhausen Memorial Camp, one of the first concentration camps established during Nazi Germany. Built in 1936, it was originally created to house political dissidents. However, with the outbreak of WWII, the camp was used to persecute thousands of Jews and others deemed “asocial”. By the beginning of 1945 the prisoner population of Sachsenhausen included some 11,000 Jewish faithful. Today, the camp stands as a difficult and sobering reminder of the past, so that it shall never be forgotten or repeated. Follow in the footsteps of those who lived, worked and died here. Feel the emotional toll it takes to stand amid this Nazi death machine. It’s both a haunting and moving experience that will stay with you forever. Afterwards, unwind on a narrated drive through Berlin. See the iconic Brandenburg Gate, the Holocaust Memorial, and Charlottenburg Palace before returning to the ship.
- Travel to the Sachsenhausen Memorial Camp, established by the SS in 1936 to house political prisoners.
- Explore this preserved camp, which served as a horrific blueprint for many other Nazi death camps.
- Unwind on a narrated driving tour of Berlin that passes the city’s most significant landmarks.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
- Water bottle
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must walk approximately .5 miles over uneven, cobblestone and gravel surfaces with inclines and up to 20 steps.
- Guests must be able to walk and stand for up to 120 minutes.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Shops are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
- Public restrooms may require a small charge (approximately 50 cents).
- Due to the emotional and distressing nature of this tour, it is not recommended for children under 12.
|Location Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany||Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany|
|Tour Code WA38||WA38|
|Duration12.00 Hours||12.00 Hours|