Volos & Makrynitsa | VU06
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Volos & Makrynitsa
Starting from $79 USD / Adult
Your first stop on this exploratory tour is the Volos Museum, where you'll discover an abundance of ancient treasures including a unique collection from the Hellenistic period, and beautiful jewelry that dates back more than 3,000 years. Then, drive along the waterfront, leaving the modern town of Volos behind, and ascend the slopes of Mount Pelion, passing through traditional villages which have remained unchanged for centuries as you make your way to the Makrynitsa Village. Join your guide for a walk along the traditional narrow cobbled streets filled with small shops displaying honeyed fruit, herbs and spices, and traditional wares. The village square and town hub, locally known as the "balcony of Volos," offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside, Volos, and the Gulf of Pagasae far below. Enjoy free time to browse through Makrynitsa's craft and souvenir shops, or just relax at a local café.
- Discover stunning Greek countryside and vistas as well as the delightful Makrynitsa Village.
- Visit the Volos Museum, and discover the ancient treasures abound within its walls
- Spend time in Makrynitsa's square and town hub, locally known as the "balcony of Volos," which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside, Volos, and the Gulf of Pagasae far below.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat & sunglasses
- Full cancellation fees will apply in case tour is cancelled within 24 hours prior scheduled date of call
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests are advised that there is approximately 2½ hours of walking involved on this tour.
- There is an 800-yard uphill walk over some uneven, cobblestoned streets from the coach drop-off point to the village of Makrynitsa.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Tour order may vary
|Location Volos, Greece||Volos, Greece|
|Tour Code VU06||VU06|
|Duration3.75 Hours||3.75 Hours|