Murano Glass and Burano Lace | VE28
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Murano Glass and Burano Lace
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Glide across the shimmering waters of the Venetian Lagoon to discover some of Italy’s most masterful artisans. They just happen to reside on two captivating isles filled with local color and charm. Go ashore on Murano and visit one of the island’s acclaimed glassblowing factories. Learn how glass-making maestri fled here in the year 1291 when furnaces were outlawed in Venice for fear of fire. Watch in awe during a blazing glass-blowing demonstration and enjoy time to browse through the display and perhaps purchase a work of art. The adventure continues on the quaint island of Burano, cheerfully decorated with brightly painted homes and filled with seafaring heritage. It’s also where master lace makers preserve their long-standing island craft. Enjoy a demonstration of traditional lace-making techniques. Then, set off down the narrow streets to shop for lace goodies and other keepsakes on a day filled with artistic adventure.
- Enjoy a brisk motorboat cruise along the Venetian Lagoon to visit its two most enchanting islands.
- Visit Murano, where a community of master glassblowers has earned worldwide acclaim.
- Discover Burano, a colorful island known for its exquisite lace making and boat building traditions.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven and cobblestone surfaces with up to 100 steps.
- Motorboats are not air-conditioned, and do not have restrooms onboard.
- Time permitting, guests will have approximately 40 minutes inside the workshops for shopping on each island.
- Tour sequence may vary.
- This tour is not suitable for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility.
- There are Approx. 20 minutes standing when assisting to glass demonstration - 20/60 steps in the glass factory (elevator available) and some bridges to climb with 20/40 steps each one during the stroll in Burano Island.
|Location Venice, Italy||Venice, Italy|
|Tour Code VE28||VE28|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|