Ortigia on Foot and Sicilian... | UZ5L
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Ortigia on Foot and Sicilian Market Tasting
Starting from $79 USD / Adult
Enjoy an intimate look at the Island of Ortigia, the historic center of Syracuse, on a narrated walk through its narrow streets. A local guide will lead you from the pier into the heart of Old Town. Beginning at Arethusa Fountain, you'll set out into a maze of medieval palaces and Baroque facades. Pass beneath wrought-iron balconies cascading with flowers, and, perhaps, see someone's freshly washed linens fluttering in the breeze. Witness Ortigia's grand cathedral, and wander into cozy squares to find locals going about their days. Along the way, your guide will tell you all about Syracuse, including its days as a hallmark city of ancient Greece. Make your way to the market and join the locals shopping for fresh seafood, fruit and spices. Taste a few treats before enjoying a bit of free time to explore on your own. Afterwards, a short stroll leads back to the ship.
- Join a small group of no more than 16 guests on a narrated walking tour through Ortigia.
- Witness medieval palaces, flowered balconies, and spectacular views of the Ionian Sea.
- Explore Ortigia's vibrant market and enjoy a tasting of local products along the way.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces with extended periods of standing.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with cardiac or respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should consult their personal physician prior to selecting this tour.
|Location Siracusa, Sicily||Siracusa, Sicily|
|Tour Code UZ5L||UZ5L|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|