Palmaria Island Nature Hike | UW4L
Nature and Wildlife#Enjoy a close look at indigenous plants and wildlife on an ecological exploration that directly contributes to environmental stewardship.Print This Page
Palmaria Island Nature Hike
Starting from $89 USD / Adult
Discover the pristine beauty of Palmaria Island on a nature hike that winds from its shores high into the white cliffs rising above the Mediterranean Sea. You'll be led by a local Naturalist who'll provide fascinating insight into the island's geology and the typical vegetation found on all corners. Palmaria, though it spans less than one square mile, is the largest of the three islands in the Gulf of La Spezia. As you explore its less populated reaches, you'll take in spectacular views from high above the turquoise tides. Your guide might also regale you with stories of Palmaria's military significance, or tell you about the signs of ancient man and prehistoric animals found here. Stop for a picnic snack of fresh focaccia bread and tantalizing local wine before making your way back down to the shore and your waiting boat ride home.
- Enjoy a short but scenic boat trip to Palmaria Island, rising from the Gulf of La Spezia.
- Learn first-hand about the islands unique flora and fauna from your naturalist guide.
- Stop along the way for a picnic snack of traditional focaccia bread and local wines.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Close-toed shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to hike approximately 3.7 miles over uneven surfaces with a total height differential of approximately 650 feet.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with cardiac or respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should not select this tour.
- Guests with back, neck or knee concerns should not select this tour.
|Location Portovenere, Italy||Portovenere, Italy|
|Tour Code UW4L||UW4L|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|