A Night at the Prison Museum | US3L
Evening#Spend an evening immersed in the vibrant nightlife of a destination– restaurants, galleries, theaters, and other hotspots.Print This Page
A Night at the Prison Museum
Starting from $129 USD / Adult
Journey back in time and wander the halls of the ancient Museo del Presidio prison at night opened exclusively for Azamara. This exclusive and haunting journey will take you into the prison's narrow corridors, cells, and its historic pavilion. The Museo del Presidio prison was once the jail for Argentina's most dangerous prisoners. You'll pass through the prison's historic pavilion and enter another era. Learn about the severe discipline the prisoners were subject to. Those who exhibited good behavior were permitted to work outside, logging the forests and working to serve the needs of the emerging city. The prisoners built Ushuaia's roads, bridges, and public buildings. The prison ran the first printing press, as well as telephone, electricity, and other essential services. Embark on a truly unique journey back in time during this chilling evening exploration of a historic prison museum.
- Step foot inside a prison which housed some of the most dangerous criminals of its day.
- Wander down narrow corridors, peer into dark prison cells, and imagine what life was like for the prisoners.
- Experience a unique evening visit to the Presidio Museum open exclusively at night—just for you.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Layered clothing
- Wind/ water resistant jacket
- Guests must be able to enter and exit the coach and must be able to negotiate several steps at the Museum.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Ushuaia, Argentina||Ushuaia, Argentina|
|Tour Code US3L||US3L|
|Duration2.00 Hours||2.00 Hours|