Tromso City and Polaria Centre | TS22
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Tromso City and Polaria Centre
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Experience the stark and unforgiving beauty of life in the northernmost reaches of Norway. Wind through the town of Tromso, the largest town within the Polar Circle and the launching point for most Arctic explorations. See the acclaimed university, home to the Meteorological Institute and the Northern Lights Observatory. Stop for a fascinating tour of the Polaria Centre. This amazing facility offers a realistic look at life in the arctic. It’s also home to the northernmost aquarium on earth, providing an up-close look at the unique creatures that inhabit these icy waters. Afterwards, continue across the Tromso Bridge to discover the one-and-only Arctic Cathedral. This ultra-modern masterpiece evokes the immense strength and beauty of pack ice — a fitting conclusion to a day of arctic discovery.
- Discover the remote beauty of Tromso, a rugged town set amid the forested island of Troms.
- Explore the Polaria Center for a fascinating glimpse of life in the Arctic capital of Norway.
- Visit the Arctic Cathedral, an architectural wonder designed to represent the power of pack ice.
What to Bring Show
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to Wear Show
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.25 miles over various surfaces with 40 to 60 steps.
- There is a slight uphill climb with a few steps to reach the cathedral.
- Respectful attire required inside Arctic Cathedral.
- No exposed shoulders or knees.
- No tank tops and shorts.
|Location Tromso, Norway||Tromso, Norway|
|Tour Code TS22||TS22|
|Duration2.50 Hours||2.50 Hours|