History and Tapas | TFA2
Food and Wine#Savor local food, wines, beers, and spirits on these culinary journeys, many led by Azamara Executive Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists.Print This Page
History and Tapas
Starting from $49 USD / Adult
Discover the sights, sounds and flavors of Santa Cruz on this walking tour through the city streets. Join a local guide on a tour that takes you through the Plaza España, a favorite local gathering spot dotted with historic landmarks and filled with tales of the past. Crisscross narrow streets to find the Church of San Francisco and stroll among the romantic gardens of the Plaza Principe. Continue into the older part of town to witness its emblematic architecture, including the Guimera Theatre and the Church of the Conception. Make your way to a local bodega for a tasting of “Papas Arrugadas”, wrinkled potatoes served with mojo sauces, as well as “Almogrote”, a traditional cheese spread. Next, visit a tapas bar and partake in the time-honored tradition of sharing small plates. Enjoy croquets, mini burritos, and Canarian cheeses paired with local wine. Afterwards, enjoy free time for a little shopping.
- Follow a local guide on a stroll that winds through the Plaza España and past the Church of San Francisco.
- Learn about the city’s storied past and enjoy an immersive look a daily life today.
- Visit a local bodega and pop into a favorite tapas bar to sample a variety of typical dishes.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Light jacket/sweater
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over paved and gravel surfaces with steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain||Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain|
|Tour Code TFA2||TFA2|
|Duration3.50 Hours||3.50 Hours|