Stavanger Highlights | SR43
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Starting from $119 USD / Adult
Discover the storied past of Stavanger on a guided journey that winds back through the ages to the city’s very roots in Viking times. Begin with a visit to the Iron Age Farm, a reconstruction of ancient Viking longhouses. Crafted from stone with roofs formed from peat and bark, these incredible structures sit on an original Viking site excavated in the late 1960s. From here, drive to Hafrsfjord to witness the Monument of the Three Swords, commemorating the great sea battle in which legendary Viking King, Harald Fairhair, emerged victorious to unify the Kingdom of Norway. Finally, embark on a leisurely stroll through the cobblestone streets of Old Stavanger and feel transported back to the 18th and 19th centuries. Stop for photos at the town’s majestic cathedral and soak up its charming dollhouse-like wooden homes. The past comes alive on this unforgettable journey into Norwegian history.
- Visit the site where the legendary Viking King, Harald Fairhair won an epic sea battle to unite Norway.
- Explore the Iron Age Farm, a stunning recreation of an ancient Viking settlement.
- Stroll past the charming timber homes of Old Stavanger dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Waterproof jacket/umbrella
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven, cobblestone and hilly terrain.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Stavanger, Norway||Stavanger, Norway|
|Tour Code SR43||SR43|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|