High Tea at the Intan | SPG2
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
High Tea at the Intan
Starting from $179 USD / Adult
Experience the graceful traditions of Singapore with a visit to a home called the Intan. Translated, the name means “rose-cut diamond” and the Intan’s many facets certainly live up to the promise. A stroll through the community of Joo Chiat leads to this masterpiece created by one man – Alvin Yapp. Over 20 years, he transformed his home into a museum and showplace for Peranakan culture. The home boasts a collection of traditional attire, rare antiques, precious artwork, and remarkably pristine serving pieces that’s nothing short of awe-inspiring. So much so, in fact, the Intan is now recognized on Singapore’s National Heritage Board. Conclude with a traditional Peranakan High Tea served exactly as it should be – wrapped in authentic history and tradition.
- Enjoy a carefree walk through the heart of Joo Chiat, a traditional Peranakan community.
- Enjoy a Peranakan High Tea with the owner of the Intan, a man passionate about his culture.
- Marvel at the Intan’s precious antiques, serving pieces and rare artifacts collected over two decades.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
|Tour Code SPG2||SPG2|
|Duration2.50 Hours||2.50 Hours|