Villages and Vintages of... | SO14
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Villages and Vintages of Santorini
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Savor the tantalizing flavors, subtle charms and exquisite vistas of Santorini on this excursion across the island’s rugged volcanic landscape. Your coach will climb some 800 feet to the top of the caldera where you’ll view the still active volcanic islet in the bay below. Stop in the village of Oia, perched high atop a craggy cliff at the northernmost point of Santorini. Wander about narrow cobblestone avenues lined with the beaming white stone of classic Cycladic architecture. From charming shops to splendid domed churches, to a surprising collection of art galleries, a walk through Oia delights at every turn. Continue to a local winery to learn how Santorini wine is produced and sample some favorite vintages perfectly paired with homemade Greek mezes. Your tour ends in Fira where you can independently explore the pedestrian paths that weave through Santorini’s historic capital or return to port via cable car.
- Explore the cobbled alleyways of Oia, a village known for its white stone buildings and sweeping coastal vistas.
- Tour a renowned winery and enjoy a tasting of fine wines paired with scrumptious Santorini mezes (Greek snacks).
- Visit the Village of Fira for a scenic stroll along its twisting and turning pedestrian-only paths.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1 mile over uneven surfaces, steep inclines, and 20 to 30 steps.
- At tour’s end guests walk uphill approximately .08 miles to Metropolis Church.
- Guests must be able to walk 0.5 mile in Fira, on their own, to reach the cable car.
- Expect waiting and queuing time to enter the cable car station.
- Due to occasional low level fog, visibility may be impacted.
- Some stores in Fira are closed in October and November.
|Location Santorini, Greece||Santorini, Greece|
|Tour Code SO14||SO14|
|Duration4.25 Hours||4.25 Hours|