A Walk Through Bologna | RV04
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
A Walk Through Bologna
Starting from $239 USD / Adult
Set off along the cobbled ways of Bologna alongside a local guide who’ll show you the best of this medieval treasure. Stroll to the heart of town, the Piazza Maggiore, dominated by the Basilica of San Petronio. Built between the 14th and 17th centuries, it’s heralded as one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Italy. Explore the sprawling interior to find breathtaking works of art, and be sure to examine the fascinating sundial set within the nave floor. Continue along the Via Archiginnasio, passing the splendid palace that once served as the university campus, as well as a host of architectural wonders built between the 11th and 13th centuries. Visit the Basilica of San Stefano before proceeding to Bologna’s Leaning Towers, prized symbol the city. Afterwards, enjoy some free time to shop and explore before rounding out the day with a typical Bolognese lunch at a local restaurant.
- Enjoy a guided stroll through Bologna for a close look at this remarkably preserved medieval town.
- Go inside the Basilica of San Petronio, one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Italy.
- Enjoy a typical Bolognese lunch at a favorite local restaurant.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over even and cobblestone surfaces with up to 20 steps.
- Tour is not accessible to passengers with limited mobility or wheelchairs.
- Tour sequence may vary.
- Proper attire is required when visiting sacred sites. Ladies must cover their knees and shoulders, while gentlemen must wear pants. Shorts and vest are inappropriate.
|Location Bologna (Ravenna), Italy||Bologna (Ravenna), Italy|
|Tour Code RV04||RV04|
|Duration7.00 Hours||7.00 Hours|