Journey to Murcia | RA11
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Journey to Murcia
Starting from $69 USD / Adult
Discover the capital of Spain’s Murcia province, renowned for its pedestrian streets and baroque masterpieces. Begin your guided walk at the Fuensanta Monastery. Built in the traditional baroque style, it’s been a sacred place of pilgrimage since medieval times. Marvel at an altar gleaming with a golden backdrop and take in stunning views of Murcia and the surrounding countryside. Continue your guided walk to the heart of the city down narrow streets that reveal the secrets and legends of the past. Amble through lovely squares and past stunning architecture on your way to the Casino. This isn’t a gaming hall, mind you, but a private club built in 1847 and still one of Murcia’s most stunning landmarks. Wander its Arab Patio; enter the formal English Library; and marvel at the magnificent ballroom. After admiring the interior of the casino, stop at a local bakery to taste the traditional Murcian meat pie before rejoining the coach for the return trip to Cartagena. Travel back to an age of grace and grandeur on this unforgettable visit to Murcia.
- Visit the traditional baroque-styled Fuensanta Monastery, a place of pilgrimage since The Middle Ages.
- Arrive in Murcia’s city center and begin a guided stroll through the pedestrian streets and squares.
- Tour the Casino, built in 1847 as a private club and still among the most exquisite buildings in the city.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 1 hour and negotiate steps to enter some sites.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Cartagena, Spain||Cartagena, Spain|
|Tour Code RA11||RA11|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|