Cartagena Highlights | RA10
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Starting from $79 USD / Adult
Embark on a guided exploration of Cartagena that winds through the city’s streets, showcases its great Roman Theatre, and delves into its ancient past. Cartagena’s roots date to 227 BC and you’ll venture back to those early years at the ruins of the Punic Wall. This marked the city’s first defensive rampart, built by the ancient Carthaginians to thwart off Roman siege, which would prove unsuccessful. Stop at a local bar to taste a Café Asiatico and then enjoy some free time in the heart of the city before continuing the Roman Theatre of Cartagena. Marvel at this sprawling theatre excavated in 2003 that once played host to throngs of cheering Roman citizens. Continue down narrow streets dotted with modernist buildings from the 19th century. Witness the Consistorial Palace, the ornate City Council building, and the city’s main thoroughfare, Calle Mayor, on an excursion filled with epic history and stunning architecture.
- Delve into the ancient past of Cartagena, a city that’s seen Roman, Muslim and Arab rule.
- Visit the excavated Roman Theatre, one of the most significant archeological discoveries in Spain.
- Witness the Consistorial Palace and follow along streets lined with modernist architecture from the 1800s.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Towel (from ship)
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 1 hour over cobblestone surfaces with some steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Cartagena, Spain||Cartagena, Spain|
|Tour Code RA10||RA10|
|Duration4.25 Hours||4.25 Hours|