Acropolis and New Acropolis... | PR1L
Ancient Wonders#Get immersed in epic history. Learn about the architecture, culture, and beliefs of ancient civilizations.Print This Page
Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Travel to the legendary city of Athens for an awe-inspiring immersion into Greek history, mythology and might. Upon arrival, you'll begin a narrated sightseeing drive that winds past the ruins of the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium, an ancient wonder reborn as the site of the first modern Olympics in 1896. Your drive will lead to the most iconic ancient site in Greece – the Acropolis. Climb the steep steps leading to this complex of temples and buildings dating back to the 5th century BC and built as a grand monument to thought and the arts. Witness the Temple of Athena Nike and explore the iconic Parthenon, dedicated to the Goddess Athena and offering sweeping panoramas overlooking the city below. A short walk from the ruins leads to the Acropolis Museum, where you'll dig even deeper into the ancient world through a collection of artifacts recovered from the excavations.
- Witness relics of the past including the mighty columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Trek up the steps leading to the Acropolis for a guided expedition through the ancient citadel.
- Explore the Acropolis Museum, a modern wonder filled with treasures unearthed from Acropolis Hill.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over uneven surfaces with steep inclines and 150 steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with cardiac or respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should consult their doctor prior to selecting this tour.
- Guests with back, neck or knee issues should not select this tour.
- Large backs, backpacks and oversized purses are not permitted inside the Acropolis archaeological sites.
- This tour is not available to disembarking guests. It is only available to guests continuing beyond Athens.
- The Acropolis can close for security due to large crowds, therefore some wait time may occur. Such events are beyond the control of the tour operator.
- Total drive time from Piraeus to the Acropolis site is approximately 1 hour.
- Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin the group for the drive back to the ship.
|Location Athens (Piraeus), Greece||Athens (Piraeus), Greece|
|Tour Code PR1L||PR1L|
|Duration5.00 Hours||5.00 Hours|