Sete Cidades, Pineapple Plantation & Azorean Wines...
Print This Page
Sete Cidades, Pineapple Plantation & Azorean Wines
Starting from $89 USD / Adult
Embark on a journey that showcases the beauty and spirit of the Azores in stunning fashion. Begin at a local pineapple plantation, where local farmers will show you the traditions of cultivating this sweet fruit. Of course, a sampling is a must before setting out to discover the village of Sete Cidades. Climb 1,900 feet above sea level up the steep slopes of an ancient volcano. At the rim, peer into the crater to see a one-of-a-kind natural phenomena — twin lakes. One is emerald green. The other is jade blue and on its shores lies Sete Cidades. Explore this scenic village and marvel at the forested slopes on all sides. Stroll by the lake and learn about the volcanic elements that give it such a unique color. Back in Ponta Delgada, stop at a charming hotel overlooking the marina for a delightful tasting of Azorean wines and cheeses.
- Tour a working pineapple plantation to learn about growing and cultivating this sweet Azorean treat.
- Journey through steep, forested landscapes to explore the village of Sete Cidades, set beside the blue lake of an ancient volcano crater.
- Stop for exquisite views of the Ponta Delgada harbor bay while enjoying an exclusive tasting of Azorean wines and cheeses.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites and/or surroundings.
|Location Ponta Delgada, Azores||Ponta Delgada, Azores|
|Tour Code PG18||PG18|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|