Oslo Walking Tour | OS33
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Oslo Walking Tour
Starting from $49 USD / Adult
Experience the Norwegian capital on a guided walk through its cobblestone streets. Learn how today’s global metropolis was born from the ashes of a great fire in 1624. Then, set off on a journey that meanders past the trendy cafes and modern art galleries that make their homes in the old buildings of Oslo. Stroll past shipping houses and venture down narrow lanes that empty into lovely squares. Reach Karl Johan’s Gate to feel the pulse of the city. Often called Oslo’s answer to the Champs-Elysées, this thoroughfare boasts Norway’s Parliament, National Theatre and magnificent Royal Palace. Continue to City Hall for a tour of its chambers decorated with works by some of Norway’s most revered artists. Finally, climb to Akershus Fortress, a stronghold dating back to 1299 once used to protect the city from invading marauders. Explore the grounds and take in sensational vistas of the harbor below.
- Stroll through Oslo’s cobblestone streets and sprawling plazas set beneath the mighty Akershus Fortress.
- See the city’s oldest restaurant and venture inside the historic City Hall, graced with works by famed Norwegian artists.
- Explore imposing Akershus Fortress, a medieval castle that was once the Royal Residence.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Waterproof jacket
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.6 miles over paved and cobblestone surfaces with inclines.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
- This tour operates in all weather conditions
- Guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
|Location Oslo, Norway||Oslo, Norway|
|Tour Code OS33||OS33|
|Duration2.50 Hours||2.50 Hours|