Fjaerland & the Norwegian Glacier Center | OL13
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Fjaerland & the Norwegian Glacier Center
Starting from $129 USD / Adult
Experience the awe-inspiring grandeur of Norway’s glaciers and enjoy an in-depth look at their formation and history. This excursion takes you on a 58-mile expedition that winds past small towns and enters the 4-mile-long Fjaerland Tunnel to bring you to the Norwegian Glacier Museum. Along the way, stop to snap photos of the Boyabreen Glacier and marvel at the crystalline blue hue of this wonder framed by verdant green mountains. Arrive at the museum and embark on a fascinating exploration into the origins and science behind Norway’s rivers of ice. Roam a glacial maze crafted by a set designer for the Star Wars films, and watch a breathtaking film about glacier trekking. This fascinating museum takes you on a five-billion-year journey chronicling the evolution of the earth’s climate. Afterwards, stop in the quaint village of Skei for lunch at its premier hotel.
- Gaze out at the blue-tinted sheets of ice that make up the spectacular Boyabreen Glacier.
- Tour the Norwegian Glacier Museum and trek through a glacial maze designed by a set designer for Star Wars.
- Enjoy a buffet lunch at the Skei Hotel.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Warm, layered clothing
- This tour is equipped to accommodate guests who travel with a collapsible wheelchair.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility may not enjoy full access to all attractions.
- Dress in layered clothing for a full day.
- This tour involves driving through the 4-mile Fjaerland Tunnel. Guests with claustrophobia should not select this tour.
|Location Olden, Norway||Olden, Norway|
|Tour Code OL13||OL13|
|Duration8.00 Hours||8.00 Hours|