A Walk to Briksdalen Glacier | OL12
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
A Walk to Briksdalen Glacier
Starting from $129 USD / Adult
Set off on a guided trek through some of Norway’s most ruggedly beautiful territory on your way to majestic Briksdal Glacier. You’ll journey at a leisurely pace as you meander along river paths that lead to cascading waterfall created by the melting ice. Stroll past a small glacier lake and wind beneath soaring mountains on your way to Briksdal Glacier, an arm of the largest glacier in continental Europe. Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by the face of a mighty frozen glacier. Snap photos and enjoy plenty of time to soak up the sheer grandeur of this natural wonder. Get the signal from your guide and head back to the Briksdal Mountain Lodge, where hot coffee and a selection of homemade cakes will be waiting. Unwind and warm up in this rustic setting, sharing stories of the day’s discoveries with your fellow expedition members.
- Enjoy a scenic drive past Olden’s emerald-green meltwater lake en route to the launch point.
- Follow a local guide on a hike past waterfalls, rivers and ice flows to reach Briksdal Glacier.
- Hike back and unwind at the Briksdal Mountain Lodge with hot coffee and homemade cakes.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Water bottle
- Umbrella/rain jacket
What to WearShow
- Walking/hiking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Layered clothing
- Guests must walk approximately 2,5 miles uphill over dirt and stone pathways.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with back, neck, knee and shoulder issues should not select this tour.
- This is a strenuous tour. Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Guests with concerns should consult their local physician.
- Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
- Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
- Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
|Location Olden, Norway||Olden, Norway|
|Tour Code OL12||OL12|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|