Ancient Epidaurus | NV01
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
Immerse yourself in Greek history and ancient ruins on this journey to the Theatre of Epidaurus. The road from Nauplion to Epidaurus passes through beautiful vineyards and age-old groves. Epidaurus was once a flourishing spa with temples and therapeutic baths. You’ll view the stunning Theatre of Epidaurus which dates to the 3rd century B.C. The limestone theater is known for its unique acoustics and for being the best-preserved ancient theater in Greece. When it was built, it could seat 12,000 spectators and today seats about 7,000 during cultural events. Wander the ruins, viewing the foundations of the temple of Asclepius, the guest house, the tholos, the sleeping porch, the temples of Artemis and Themis, and the gymnasium.
- Visit the Theatre of Epidaurus, one of the most well-preserved theaters in ancient Greece, known for its unique acoustic properties.
- Marvel at ancient temples of Asclepius, Themis, and Artemis.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- There is no additional fee for independent camera and video use. Professionals may only use cameras with prior arrangements and costs discussed. (2 months prior for the use of professional video equipment).
- The insurance of drivers and guides does not cover assisting guests with limited mobility on or off the vehicles or up and down the stairs.
- Guests are not permitted to eat, drink, or smoke while on the bus.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Blind guests must be accompanied by their own escort.
- Guests must be able to negotiate a gravel path of 0.65 mile and negotiate approximately 11 steps at the Epidaurus Archaeological site. Guests must be able to walk 0.05 mile and negotiate approximately 5 steps at Epidaurus Museum. Guests must be able to walk 0.6 mile over gravel and negotiate approximately 25 steps at the Ancient Theatre of Epidaurus.
- All sites and museums will be closed on Jan 1, Jan 6 Ash Monday, March 25, Good Friday (morning only), Easter Sunday, May 1, Holy Spirit Day, August 15, October 28, December 25-26.
|Location Nauplion, Greece||Nauplion, Greece|
|Tour Code NV01||NV01|
|Duration3.50 Hours||3.50 Hours|