Gwavas Country Homestead and... | NRG2
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Gwavas Country Homestead and Garden
Starting from $159 USD / Adult
Spend a delightful day hosted by the family who owns and operates the historic Gwavas Garden and Homestead. Begin with a drive along Napier’s stunning Art Deco streets, keeping watch for vintage 1930s autos and outfits that prevail in the neighborhood. Continue outside the city into the New Zealand countryside en route to one of the nation’s loveliest estates. The Gwavas Garden and Homestead is owned and operated by the Gibson family (descendants of the Carlyon Family), which has resided here for five generations. Enjoy a warm welcome from Phyllida and her husband Stu, who currently live here with their two kids. Sit down to tea and learn about the history of the home. Then, follow Stu and Phyllida on a tour through the property they are meticulously restoring and maintaining. Explore the grand home and venture into the sprawling Woodland Garden during a day that provides a wonderful glimpse of privileged rural life.
- Enjoy an eye-opening drive through Napier’s historic streets lined with Art Deco architecture.
- Drive into the countryside to share a day with the owners of the Gwavas Garden and Homestead.
- Sip afternoon tea and learn about the history of the estate and the family’s efforts to maintain and restore it.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to navigate 6 steps to enter the home, ramps are available for wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility may be limited to the ground level and gardens of the homestead.
- Your tour will be conducted by a driver who will also act as your guide.
|Location Napier, New Zealand||Napier, New Zealand|
|Tour Code NRG2||NRG2|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|