Art Deco Drive and Walking... | NR86
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Art Deco Drive and Walking Tour
Starting from $59 USD / Adult
Experience the rich history of Napier on a sightseeing excursion that begins with a leisurely city drive and continues with a scenic stroll through the Art Deco District. Sit back and enjoy a narrated drive led by an expert from Napier’s own Art Deco Trust. Listen to insightful commentary on a journey that follows the Marine Parade and travels into the surrounding hills to explore exclusive suburbs offering spectacular views of the city. Continue through the neighborhood of Marewa, home to some of the city’s most stunning deco homes and gardens. Stop to view a 20-minute video that regales the tale of the earthquake that shook Napier and forever change its architectural landscape. Finally, set off on a narrated walk through the Art Deco District. Enjoy an hour-long stroll that provides a closer and more intimate look at the city’s prized landmarks.
- Discover the rich history and magnificent architecture of Napier led by a guide from the city’s Art Deco Trust.
- Drive along the scenic Marine Parade and into hilltop neighborhoods that offering sweeping city views.
- Enjoy an up-close look at Napier’s fabulous architecture on an hour-long walk through the Art Deco district.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Comfortable clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 1200 yards over flat surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Napier, New Zealand||Napier, New Zealand|
|Tour Code NR86||NR86|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|