Sporting Icons of Melbourne | MLA8
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Sporting Icons of Melbourne
Starting from $229 USD / Adult
Explore Melbourne, a city made for sports fanatics, on an excursion that takes you to some of the city's iconic fields and venues. Start off at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, home of the National Sports Museum. Amble through exhibits chronicling Australia's Olympic triumphs, Australian Rules Football, cricket, basketball, rugby, thoroughbred horseracing, and other national pastimes. You'll also meet an Australian Rules Football superstar for a first-hand account of this rough and tumble sport. Next, it's off to Rod Laver Arena, host of the annual Australian Open tennis tournament. Go behind the scenes and learn how the venue is used for concerts and other productions when the pros aren't battling it out for a Grand Slam title. Afterwards, drive along the Australian Grand Prix circuit. Follow the same route Formula 1 drivers race each year before putting it in park at a local bakery for a snack of coffee and cake.
- Visit the Melbourne Cricket Ground for a meet and greet with an Australian Rules Football star.
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour of Rod Laver Arena, site of the heralded Grand Slam tennis tournament, the Australian Open.
- Drive through the Australian Grand Prix circuit, where Formula 1 racers battle for the title each year.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Light jacket/sweater
- Water bottle
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately a total of 3,000 yards, up to 2,000 yards at a time, with some staircases to navigate.
- Guest in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Tour sequence may vary.
- Maximum of 12 guests per vehicle.
|Location Melbourne, Australia||Melbourne, Australia|
|Tour Code MLA8||MLA8|
|Duration5.00 Hours||5.00 Hours|