Lanzarote Wine Route | LZ29
Food and Wine#Savor local food, wines, beers, and spirits on these culinary journeys, many led by Azamara Executive Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists.Print This Page
Lanzarote Wine Route
Starting from $119 USD / Adult
Discover the proud heritage of Lanzarote winemaking on an excursion into the island’s wine country. Follow the rustic road lead to La Geria Valley, the heart and soul of Lanzarote’s viticulture. Visit three distinctive cellars and sample exceptional vintages at each. Begin with a tasting at the Bodega La Geria, dating back to the 19th century. Today it’s owned by the Melian family who continue its proud tradition of crafting superior wines. Taste for yourself with a sampling of prized Malvasia and other wines. Next, visit the Bodega Rubicon for another tantalizing chance to sip and savor. Your final stop is El Grifo, the granddaddy of Lanzarote wineries. Founded in 1777, this is the oldest winery on the island and among the oldest in all of Spain. Explore the onsite museum and library for an in-depth look at local winemaking, and, of course, sip and savor a few award-winning vintages.
- Enjoy an immersive look at the art of Lanzarote winemaking.
- Visit a trio of acclaimed island wineries for tours and tastings.
- Enjoy a panoramic drive through La Geria Valley, where vineyards stretch to the volcanic slopes.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Light jacket/sweater
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over cobblestone and paved surfaces with approximately 30 steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour. Restrictions:
- Guests must be 18 years old to consume alcohol.
|Location Lanzarote, Canary Islands||Lanzarote, Canary Islands|
|Tour Code LZ29||LZ29|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|
|RestrictionsMinimum Age: 18 years||Minimum Age: 18 years|