Explore Local#Follow a local guide on an immersive journey that reveals the cultural riches, epic history and artful treasures of a great destination.
Starting from $89 USD / Adult
Travel north to the rustic realm of Obidos, a medieval village that’s sure to transport you back through the ages. This excursion combines the best of both worlds, a guided exploration followed by plenty of free time to wander about independently. Begin with a narrated stroll down the main streets and into Pillory Square, where you’ll visit the Parish Church of Santa Maria. Step inside this 17th-century wonder to find a stunning interior, decorated in artful murals of blue and white tile. Afterwards, enjoy a tasting of “Ginja de Obidos”, a local liqueur infused with ginja berries, also known as sour cherries. Make a toast to conclude the guided portion of your day, and then, set off to explore on your own. Peruse the fine shops; hike to the hilltop castle; or, trek atop the great walls encircling the city for a bird’s-eye view of its splendor.
- Relax on a scenic 1.15-hour drive from Lisbon to the medieval streets of Obidos.
- Enjoy a narrated stroll that includes a visit to the 17th-century Parish Church of Santa Maria.
- Spend some free time exploring cobbled streets dotted with shops, boutiques and cafés.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Water shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Conservative attire
- Guests must be able to walk over cobblestone and uneven surfaces with steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Conservative attire is required to enter religious sites.
- No shorts or tank tops.
- No exposed shoulders or knees
|Location Lisbon, Portugal||Lisbon, Portugal|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|