Oliwa Cathedral & Gdansk | L723
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Oliwa Cathedral & Gdansk
Starting from $89 USD / Adult
Return to a bygone era along the streets of Old Town Gdansk, a treasure trove of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque design. As you stroll the Royal Route, it’s hard to imagine that 80% of Gdansk was destroyed during WWII. Fortunately, you’ll find it lovingly restored to its 16th-century glory. Wind your way to majestic St. Mary’s Church, the world’s largest brick temple, capable of holding 25,000 faithful. Go inside to find 30 decorated chapels, exquisite artwork, and a 15th-century astronomical clock. Should you feel energetic, climb the tower for views high above the city streets. Next, enjoy a melodious visit to the Oliwa Cathedral, where Gothic and Baroque elements cradle an organ of truly epic proportions. It features 7,876 tin and wooden pipes revered for their lovely tones, from the most intimate to the most resounding. Sit back and enjoy a masterful performance by a virtuoso on this grandiose instrument. GK23
- Amble along the Dlugi Targ, the city?s central pedestrian street, known as the Royal Route.
- Marvel at the mighty walls and towers of St. Mary's Church, often called "The Crown of Gdansk".
- Sit down to a mesmerizing concert played on the 7,876 pipes of the great organ at Oliwa Cathedral.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk over cobblestone and uneven surfaces with inclines and steps.
- Guests in collapsible wheelchairs may take part in this tour if they are able to enter bus herself/himself (no ramp available)
- Tour sequence may vary.
- Entrance to St. Mary Church depends on services schedule and is not guaranteed.
|Location Gdansk, Poland||Gdansk, Poland|
|Tour Code L723||L723|
|Duration4.75 Hours||4.75 Hours|