Mah Meri Cultural Experience | KCG1
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Mah Meri Cultural Experience
Starting from $159 USD / Adult
Embrace Malaysia’s native Mah Meri culture during an exclusive visit to a tribal village, where the ancient ways are preserved and brought to life before your eyes. The Mah Meri is one of 19 tribal groups native to the Malaysian Peninsula, and upon arrival you’ll be greeted with a customary welcome ceremony. Officially greeted, a specialist in Mah Meri culture will share some insight and answer any questions you might have. Then it’s off to explore the village. Witness customary Mah Meri dances rooted in ancient animalistic beliefs. Watch as origami masters craft intricate designs from palm fronds, and see the tribe’s woodcarvers, many of whom have earned a “Seal of Excellence” from UNESCO, sculpt exquisite handmade art. During your visit, you’ll also enjoy a tribal lunch featuring Seafood Satay, fried Mee/Mee Goreng, and fruits. Experience an insider’s glimpse into Malaysia’s native heritage on this immersive cultural excursion.
- Uncover the time-honored traditions of Malaysia’s Mah Meri culture in a tribal village setting.
- Experience tribal rituals and watch a performance of traditional dances.
- Marvel at the ancient art of origami crafted in the tribal custom of using palm leaves.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Insect repellent
What to WearShow
- Walking Shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Port Klang, Malaysia||Port Klang, Malaysia|
|Tour Code KCG1||KCG1|
|Duration5.25 Hours||5.25 Hours|