Namahage Museum & Kanpuzan... | K607
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Namahage Museum & Kanpuzan Observatory
Starting from $139 USD / Adult
Immerse yourself in Japanese culture at the Namahage Museum, where you'll learn about Japanese festival culture. To celebrate the new year, men dressed in ogre masks and straw costumes descend the mountain in torches during the Namahage Sedo Festival. The Namahage enter the homes in search of young members of the community, entreating them to obey their relatives. The Namahage are then served food and sake, before being sent on their way. The Namahage Museum boasts an impressive collection of masks and costumes. View the magnificent masks and stunning costumes, and delve deeper into the festival's significance. Then, visit the Shinzan Shrine, a key aspect of the Namahage Sedo Festival. Continue to Kanpuzan Observatory where you'll enjoy panoramic views of Oga Peninsula's coast from a rotating observation deck. Browse the souvenir shop and find the perfect treasure to bring home.
- Visit the Namahage Museum where you'll view the beautiful Namahage masks and costumes and learn about their cultural significance.
- Have your camera ready for spectacular photos of the Pacific coast from the Kanpuzan rotating observatory.
- Browse for souvenirs at the observatory shop.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Coach cannot accommodate electric scooters. Only folding wheelchairs are permitted.
- Coach does not have a lift. Guests must negotiate a few steps to enter and exit.
- Medical equipment may be brought on the coach if it is small and doesn't require electric supply.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 0.7 mile over flat surfaces and negotiate approximately 90 steps.
- Japanese Yen is required for additional purchases.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Akita, Japan||Akita, Japan|
|Tour Code K607||K607|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|