A Stroll Through Biarritz | JL16
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
A Stroll Through Biarritz
Starting from $179 USD / Adult
Explore the ins and outs of beautiful Biarritz on this exquisite guided walking tour. One look at Biarritz and you’ll see why it’s one of the most fashionable and frequented resorts in the southwest of France. Your tour begins following in royal footsteps. Biarritz came to fame in the mid-19th century, when Empress Eugenie (wife of Napoleon III) fell in love with this part of the Basque Country and built a Palace on the beach - now the World Class Hotel du Palais. Eugenie invited foreign royalty to stay with their entourages and courtiers — Queen Victoria of Britain, and sundry Spanish, Swedish, Dutch, German, and Russian nobility. Learn all about the region’s architecture, history, and culture while soaking in this luxurious and absolutely exquisite seaside town. Enjoy free time to peruse the town at your leisure. At the end of the tour, pop into a salon for a sweet snack of Gateau Basque, the region’s prized dessert, and mingle amongst locals before unwinding on the scenic ride back to the ship.
- Experience Biarritz like a local and really get to know the history, architecture, and awe-striking environment of this area of France.
- Admire the World Class Hotel du Palais and walk in the foot steps of European nobility.
- Enjoy free time to explore this spectacular town on your own before heading back to the ship.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Layered clothing
- This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
- Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
- Tour order may vary.
- Guest should be able to walk approximately 0.8 miles through uneven and cobblestone surfaces, and approximately 40 steps on some incline streets.
|Location St. Jean De Luz, France||St. Jean De Luz, France|
|Tour Code JL16||JL16|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|