A Walk Through Mahón | HW16
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
A Walk Through Mahón
Starting from $49 USD / Adult
Experience the history and grandeur of Mahón on a carefree stroll through the Menorcan capital. You’ll be led by a local guide who’ll provide all sorts of insight into bygone eras and life as it’s enjoyed today. Join the fray at the local fish market and learn about the site’s many past incarnations. Continue into the heart of town to visit the Church of Santa Maria, boasting an inspired neo-gothic interior as well as a monumental organ, featuring an astonishing 3,006 pipes. Back outside, pause to view the Bridge of San Roque, the last vestiges of the town’s medieval fortifications, before winding along the stately townhomes lining the Street of Isabel II. Your last stop is Mahón’s Opera Theatre, the oldest and most cherished in all of Spain. Sip a glass of “cava” and soak up the historic splendor before a short walk leads back to the ship.
- Join an intimate group on a narrated stroll through Mahón.
- Enter the Church of Santa Maria to admire its neo-gothic design and immense pipe organ.
- Sip a glass of Cava inside the spectacular Opera Theatre.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Water bottle
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must be able to walk for extended periods and negotiate more than 100 steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with cardiac or respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should not select tour.
- Guests with back, neck or knee issues should not select this tour.
|Location Mahón, Spain||Mahón, Spain|
|Tour Code HW16||HW16|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|