Haifa & Acre | HF09
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Haifa & Acre
Starting from $149 USD / Adult
Begin your journey with a drive up Mount Carmel to view Haifa’s signature landmark, The Baha’i Gardens. These elaborate terraced gardens climb the slopes in stunning fashion on their way up to the golden Shrine of the Bab. The Baha’i Gardens are so spectacular, in fact, they’re commonly called the “eighth wonder of the world.” From here, head to the Stella Maris Monastery, built in the 19th century and offering up sweeping views of the Mediterranean Sea. Leaving Haifa, drive to Acre, the world’s only preserved Crusader city. Venture along the mighty ramparts and witness the city’s imposing examples of medieval architecture. Pay a visit to the grandest of them all, Knight’s Hall, erected in the 12th century by the famed Knights Hospitaller. Wander ghostly passages and grand chambers, while hearing tales of Richard the Lion Heart. Afterwards, a scenic drive leads back to Haifa and your waiting ship.
- Marvel at views of Haifa’s signature landmark, the Baha’i Temple and Gardens.
- Visit the Stella Maris Monastery and step into the grotto where the prophet Elijah is said to have lived.
- Explore the 5,000-year-old port city of Acre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Part of this tour involves walking through narrow tunnels that guests with claustrophobia may find difficult.
- This tour does not operate during the Jewish holiday of Sukot.
- During high holidays and some festivals the Crusader’s Knight’s Hall is closed and an alternate venue will be visited.
- Stella Maris Monastery is closed on Sundays.
|Location Haifa, Israel||Haifa, Israel|
|Tour Code HF09||HF09|
|Duration5.00 Hours||5.00 Hours|