Historic Hobart Convict Walk | HB75
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Historic Hobart Convict Walk
Starting from $49 USD / Adult
Stroll into Hobart's rich penal colony past while discovering the city's vibrant waterfront, historic architecture, and iconic bakery. Founded in 1804, Hobart is Tasmania's capital city, but it began with rough roots. The city was built on the blood and sweat of its early penal colony settlers. Walk along the waterfront and historic streets, learning about how convicted felons built the city from the ground up. Your knowledgeable guide will regale you with stories about Hobart's chilling villains, revolutionary entrepreneurs, and unveil the city's rich and colorful past. Admire Hobart's well-preserved Georgian and Victorian buildings. Visit Constitution Dock and Salamanca Place on the waterfront and peer into Hobart's colonial past. Then, visit the historic Jackman & McRoss bakery where you'll receive a gift pack of seasonal baked goods. This fascinating walk will take you back to Hobart's rugged penal colony days and reveal the metropolitan city it is today.
- Listen to tales of Hobart's ruthless villains, brilliant entrepreneurs, and learn about the historic events that shaped the city.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along Hobart's breathtaking waterfront, admiring Constitution Dock, and Salamanca Place.
- Visit the historic Jackman & McRoss bakery and receive a small gift of seasonal baked goods.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Hobart, Tasmania||Hobart, Tasmania|
|Tour Code HB75||HB75|
|Duration2.25 Hours||2.25 Hours|