Corsican Tales and Legends... | FZ2G
Walking#Follow a local guide on an eye-opening stroll through a historic city, rural community, or traditional village.Print This Page
Corsican Tales and Legends Walking Tour
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
Trace the storied history of Bastia on a guided walking tour that provides an intimate and insightful look at this somewhat conflicted Corsican town. As you stroll along, your guide will regale you with tales of Bastia’s early days, founded by the Genoese in 1380. Explore the great citadel perched on the port’s easily defensible shores and hear stories of the Catholic church which to this day exerts a powerful influence over locals. However, you’ll also glimpse the other side of Bastia, brimming with mystics, visionaries and mediums. Visit some of the town’s purportedly haunted landmarks and learn about the superstitions still held fast by local residents. During your walk, you’ll break at a café for a tasting of local cheeses and meats, paired with tantalizing Corsican wines. There’s no finer way to connect with the people and places of Bastia than by taking the time to explore on foot.
- Join a local guide for an eye-opening walk through the historic streets of Bastia, founded in 1380.
- Explore the town’s ancient citadel, Terra Nova, built upon the rugged rocks of the coastline.
- Learn about the deep Catholic roots of Bastia, while also delving into its more pagan traditions.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk for approximately 2 hours and navigate approximately 50 steps.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Due to winding roads, guests prone to motion sickness and those with vertigo should not select this tour.
|Location Bastia, France||Bastia, France|
|Tour Code FZ2G||FZ2G|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|