The Flam Railway | FM15
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
The Flam Railway
Starting from $149 USD / Adult
Explore some of the most unforgiving and unspoiled terrain of Norway in total comfort aboard the Flam Railway. Wind along rails that climb to more than 2,800 feet above sea level. Rumble through 20 tunnels, cross narrow bridges spanning mountain rivers, and chug up impossibly steep slopes as the wilds of Norway spread out in awe-inspiring grandeur. The train passes directly in front of the raging Kjosfossen Waterfall. Stop for a closer look at this tumultuous cascade that drops an astonishing 738 feet. Snap a few photos before continuing to the station at Vatnahalsen. Here, debark for a short walk to the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel, a beaming-red, 19th-century building that was once a sanatorium. Sit down to a snack of Norwegian waffles with sour cream and coffee, while soaking up views of Aurlandsfjord and the surrounding mountains. Afterwards, climb back aboard the Flam Railway for the scenic return trip.
- Board the Flam Railway for a 12-mile ride that winds through 20 tunnels and climbs unimaginably steep terrain.
- Stop at the magnificent Kjosfossen Waterfall, one of Norway’s most visited natural wonders.
- Savor homemade Norwegian waffles with sour cream and coffee at the historic Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Warm, layered clothing
- The train is equipped with restrooms.
- Time spent at the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel is dependent on the train schedule.
- Guests must walk approximately 600 feet from the pier to the trainstation.
- After the train, there will be a further walk of around 200 yards up a fairly steep and uneven path to reach the Vatnahalsen Mountain Hotel, where there are six steps at the entrance.
- This tour is only available to wheelchair guests who have a collapsible wheelchair, are able to make their own way on and off the train and have a companion to assist them.
|Location Flam, Norway||Flam, Norway|
|Tour Code FM15||FM15|
|Duration3.75 Hours||3.75 Hours|