Stalheim Valley, Tvinde... | FM10
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Stalheim Valley, Tvinde Waterfall & Undredal Village
Starting from $159 USD / Adult
Journey through Norway’s majestic wilderness on an expedition that winds past waterfalls and natural wonders to reach the historic Stalheim Hotel. Departing Aurlandsfjord, you’ll pass through two mountain tunnels that empty out into some of Norway’s most unspoiled territory. Your tour proceeds on the narrow road winding through a beautiful landscape down to Undredal, an idyllic village situated by the Aurlandsfjord, which has a population of 130 people and some 500 goats. Undredal is one of few places in Norway where they still produce Norwegian specialty goat cheese in the traditional way. Pass the town of Glashamaren, where the mineral anorthosite is excavated, and come upon a spectacular view of the Stalheim Hotel perched high above the valley. This is your final destination, however, there’s still some exploring to do. Travel along Lake Oppheim, zigzag through woodlands, and pass local farms to view the Tvinde Waterfall, a cascade that rumbles nearly 500 feet down jagged rock. From here, it’s off to the Stalheim Hotel for pastries and coffee on the scenic terrace. The trip home begins down Norway’s steepest road, framed on both sides by tumbling waterfalls. Navigate through 13 hairpin turns and marvel as one spectacular view after another unfolds before you.
- Enjoy a scenic drive that winds past mountain villages, dramatic fjords, rolling rivers and shimmering lakes.
- Witness the cascades of the Tvinde Waterfall, which tumble over a tiered rock formation.
- Visit the Stalheim Hotel to enjoy fresh pastries and views that have been wowing guests since 1885.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Cash/credit cards
- Sun protection
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 200 yards over even and gravel surfaces with 2-3 steps.
- This tour can accommodate guests who travel with a collapsible wheelchair.
- Guests must be able to enter and exit transportation independently.
- Guests with limited mobility should travel with an able-bodied companion who can provide assistance.
- Amount of walking is at guest’s discretion.
- Ramps are available at the Stalheim Hotel.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with sensitivity to motion sickness.
|Location Flam, Norway||Flam, Norway|
|Tour Code FM10||FM10|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|