Falklands Nature Trek | FK46
Nature and Wildlife#Enjoy a close look at indigenous plants and wildlife on an ecological exploration that directly contributes to environmental stewardship.Print This Page
Falklands Nature Trek
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Discover the natural splendor of the Falkland Islands up-close and personal on this narrated hike along Whale Bone Cove. You'll join a group of no more than 14 guests for a trek along this coastal wonderland with a local guide along to tell you about the landscape, its native flora and fauna, and the birds and wildlife you encounter along the way. You'll also enjoy a great view of the Lady Elizabeth, the rusted hull of a three-masted iron barque that drifted into Whale Bone Cove in 1936 has been a ghostly attraction beached in these shallow waters ever since. As you traverse the coast, keep watch for a waterfowl, including Dark-Faced Ground Tyrants, Falkland Thrush, Upland Geese and Long-Tailed Meadowlarks. Soak up sweeping panoramas as you enjoy a first-hand look at the rugged beauty of the Falklands on this excursion made for those who love the great outdoors.
- Follow a local guide and naturalist on a trek through the great outdoors of the Falklands.
- Watch for a diverse array of birds, including Upland Geese and Long-Tailed Meadowlarks.
- Witness the rusted hulk of the "Lady Liz" which drifted into Whale Bone Cove in 1936.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Binoculars (if available)
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Warm/layered clothing
- Guests must be able to hike approximately 3.5 miles over uneven ground.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
|Location Port Stanley, Falkland Is||Port Stanley, Falkland Is|
|Tour Code FK46||FK46|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|