King Penguins of Volunteer... | FK36
Nature and Wildlife#Enjoy a close look at indigenous plants and wildlife on an ecological exploration that directly contributes to environmental stewardship.Print This Page
King Penguins of Volunteer Point
Starting from $429 USD / Adult
Embark on an off-road adventure that leads to an amazingly close look at the King Penguins of Volunteer Point. Climb into a 4x4 for an exhilarating ride across Falkland Battlefields and past the odd "stone runs" that form naturally in this part of the world. Your guide will provide fascinating insight into the war years and geology of the Falklands as you make your way to Volunteer Point. This two-mile swath of white sand bordered by a blue lagoon and grassy banks is the breeding ground for thousands of penguins, most notably the King Penguin. Enjoy a remarkably close look at these tuxedoed birds that can grow to nearly three feet in height. Snap photos and watch as they play, hunt and interact. Learn about their behavior and the importance of this protected breeding ground. After about 1.5 hours, climb back in your 4x4 for the rumbling return trip.
- Enjoy a panoramic off-road adventure that bounds across the rugged landscape.
- Reach Volunteer Point, a nature reserve where thousands of King Penguins, Gentoo Penguins and Magellanic Penguins thrive.
- Learn about majestic King Penguins and the importance of the Falkland Islands habitat.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Binoculars (if available)
- Waterproof jacket
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Warm, layered clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guests must be able to enter and exit 4x4 vehicles independently.
- Due to bumpy nature of gravel roads, pregnant women and guest with back, hip, or neck concerns should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Smoking is not permitted during game drives.
- Any food or litter must be returned to your 4x4.
- Wildlife sightings, while common, cannot be guaranteed.
- Drive time to and from 4x4 launch site is approximately 1:30.
- 4x4 ride to Volunteer Point is approximately 1:15.
- Plastic rain ponchos may not be worn at the site as they can disturb the wildlife.
|Location Port Stanley, Falkland Is||Port Stanley, Falkland Is|
|Tour Code FK36||FK36|
|Duration7.00 Hours||7.00 Hours|