A Day in Carcassone, UNESCO... | ET01
Ancient Wonders#Get immersed in epic history. Learn about the architecture, culture, and beliefs of ancient civilizations.Print This Page
A Day in Carcassone, UNESCO World Heritage Site
Starting from $229 USD / Adult
Travel back through the ages in Carcassonne, a medieval treasure that saw its earliest inhabitants back in the 6th century BC. Follow a local guide along streets that bring forth a wealth of history at every turn. Stoll along the city’s rare double ramparts and hear stories from bygone days. Learn how the town was first fortified in the 4th century and became a strategic site during the crusades of The Middle Ages. The Carcassonne you’ll discover took on its definitive form in the 13th century, when its double walls were added and the castle was extended. Speaking of which, you’ll have ample to visit the caste and explore its great chambers on your own. On the way back from Carcassonne, stop in the town of Fontfroide to visit its Benedictine abbey constructed in the year 1093, a fitting conclusion to a full day immersed in history.
- Enjoy a guided tour of Carcassonne, a legendary town and UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Amble along the town’s unique double ramparts and explore its mighty castle.
- Stop at the Benedictine monastery in the town of Fontfroide built in 1093.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- This tour requires a large amount of walking over various even and uneven surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Sete, France||Sete, France|
|Tour Code ET01||ET01|
|Duration9.00 Hours||9.00 Hours|