Batik Making Process | EG15
Local Introductions#Spend time with local families, business owners, artists, aristocrats, and other influencers in their homes and workplaces.Print This Page
Batik Making Process
Starting from $139 USD / Adult
Learn the intricate Javanese art of batik on a colorful excursion that takes you to the village of Mateseh. You’ll visit the workshop of Kampoeng Batik, where local masters perform this time-honored art that uses wax and dyes to create exquisitely patterned fabrics. Marvel as you watch these artisans demonstrate the delicate tradition of batik, as they adorn fabrics with gentle geometric patterns and vibrant animal motifs. Once you’ve seen it done, you’ll have the chance to give it try yourself. Under the tutelage of the experts, create your own batik masterpiece – a one-of-a-kind memento of your visit to Indonesia that cannot be found in any souvenir shop. Afterwards, unwind with a selection of delicious Javanese snacks, served with coffee and tea, while the workshop’s owner discusses his businesses and the cherished heritage of batik.
- Learn about batik, a time-honored Javanese art of dying fabrics to create exquisite designs.
- Watch local experts apply waxen silhouettes and various dyes to create elaborate patterns.
- Give it a try yourself and create a personalized memento of your visit to Indonesia.
What To BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What To WearShow
- Water shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests must walk approximately 140 yards and navigate 10 steps.
- This tour is able to accommodate guests in wheelchairs/ motorized scooters.
|Location Semarang, Indonesia||Semarang, Indonesia|
|Tour Code EG15||EG15|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|