Panoramic Collioure and Cote... | E204
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Panoramic Collioure and Cote Vermeille
Starting from $109 USD / Adult
Journey to a seaside village heralded for its epic history and unmatched beauty. Collioure rests along the rocky shores of the Cote Vermeille, well known for its idyllic climate and perpetual sunshine. This is where the Catalan “art de vivre” has its origins and you’ll soon understand why. Make way to a tranquil cove for a refreshing dip in the inviting waters with the Pyrenees providing the perfect backdrop. Explore the village and learn about the Greeks and Romans who sailed here, as well as the many artists, including Picasso and Matisse, who found inspiration in Collioure. Hear stories of the fabled Knights Templar and their role in shaping the town, and visit the mighty castle, perched above the blue Mediterranean Sea, that once served as the summer residence for the Kings of Majorca. After the tour, a scenic drive through French wine country takes you back to the ship.
- Explore Collioure, a lovely Catalan harbor town where the Pyrenees Mountains meet the Mediterranean Sea.
- Learn about town’s days as a Roman Port, a Royal Majorcan Residence, and a stop for the mysterious Knights Templar.
- Gaze out at the very same views that inspired Matisse, Picasso, Derain and other timeless masters.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Towel (From ship)
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
- This tour requires a large amount of walking over various even and uneven surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Port Vendres, France||Port Vendres, France|
|Tour Code E204||E204|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|