Village of Ceret and its... | E203
Cultural Expressions#Connect with customs, beliefs, art, and music that define local cultures through authentic, engaging encounters.Print This Page
Village of Ceret and its Modern Art Museum
Starting from $169 USD / Adult
Discover a wealth of modern art in what might seem like a rather unlikely setting. Travel to the hilltop village of Ceret, which took shape during the period it was ruled by the Kingdom of Majorca. See the remnants of the old ramparts and witness the two great gates that still stand, one facing France and the other facing Spain. Here, amid these rustic streets, you’ll find some of the world’s most priceless modern art. This small town is home to a famed school of art founded by a group of 20th-century masters, including Picasso. Beyond the school, Ceret has served as the home and inspiration for countless greats, including Picasso, Matisse, Dali, Chagall and others. Experience their works on a tour of Ceret’s acclaimed Modern Art Museum, highlighted by a collection of rare ceramics by Picasso. History and art come together beautifully on the streets of Ceret.
- Explore the artful town of Ceret, set in the foothills of the Vallespir Mountains.
- Learn about the great artists, such as Picasso, Dali and Matisse who called the town home.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Modern Art Museum and free time to explore Ceret on your own.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- This tour requires a large amount of walking.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
|Location Port Vendres, France||Port Vendres, France|
|Tour Code E203||E203|
|Duration4.00 Hours||4.00 Hours|