Coconut Palm Village: Basket Boat Tour | DE41
Eco Local#Enjoy a close look at indigenous plants and wildlife on an ecological exploration that directly contributes to environmental stewardship.Print This Page
Coconut Palm Village: Basket Boat Tour
Starting from $149 USD / Adult
Try your hand at one of Central Vietnam's most important traditions, piloting a traditional round Basket Boat. You'll journey up river to the Coconut Palm Village for an immersive look at this time-honored mode of transportation, used by local fisherman to net the day's catch. Crafted from woven split bamboo treated with a waterproof layer of tar or varnish, steering these little round wonders is no easy task. So, you'll start out with a quick lesson before setting out into the river on your own. Don't be surprised if you find yourself spinning in circles despite your best efforts. Rest assured, you won't be alone and the confounding nature of these little beauties is all part of the fun. Along with a lot of laughs, you'll also enjoy a wonderfully authentic look at local life on the river before bidding new friends farewell and heading back to Da Nang.
- Soak up the scenery as you ride a traditional wooden up the Coconut Palm Canal.
- Reach the local village and go ashore to learn about the importance of Basket Boats in daily life.
- Hop in and pilot one yourself and see if you don't find yourself going around in circles.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
- Towel (from ship)
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
- Pregnant women and guests with cardiac and respiratory conditions, or other medical restrictions, should consult with their personal physician prior to selecting this tour.
|Location Hue (Danang), Vietnam||Hue (Danang), Vietnam|
|Tour Code DE41||DE41|
|Duration4.50 Hours||4.50 Hours|
|RestrictionsMinimum age: 12 years; Maximum age: 60 years||Minimum age: 12 years; Maximum age: 60 years|