Ypres, In Flanders Fields... | BUL2
Cultural Expressions#Connect with customs, beliefs, art, and music that define local cultures through authentic, engaging encounters.Print This Page
Ypres, In Flanders Fields Museum
Starting from $99 USD / Adult
Journey into the Belgian province of West Flanders to discover its war-torn heritage. On this hallowed ground surrounding the town of Ypres, some of the bloodiest fighting of World War I unfolded. The losses were shattering – more than 500,000 dead and over one million wounded. Begin with a drive to Tyne Cot Cemetery, just outside Ypres, where more than 11,900 British servicemen are laid to rest. Pay your respects before continuing to the "In Flanders Fields Museum", which chronicles the region's epic battles. Hear the stirring poem from which the museum takes its name, and come to truly comprehend the magnitude of the first great war. Venture on to Essex Farm and the Menin Gate, a memorial inscribed with the names of 54,896 British soldiers whose remains were never recovered. Prepare for a moving, insightful and unfiltered look at Belgium's war years.
- Visit the "In Flanders Fields Museum", which chronicles the legendary World War I battles of Ypres.
- Learn about the bloody fighting and the staggering number of brave souls lost in Ypres.
- Visit Menin Gate, a British Memorial with the names of 54,896 missing soldiers engraved in its walls.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- This tour involves extensive walking over cobblestone and uneven surfaces.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Most shops are closed on Sundays.
- Coaches are not allowed to enter the city center.
- Tour sequence may vary.
|Location Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium||Bruges (Zeebrugge), Belgium|
|Tour Code BUL2||BUL2|
|Duration7.00 Hours||7.00 Hours|