For Freedom Museum | BU80
Cultural Expressions#Connect with customs, beliefs, art, and music that define local cultures through authentic, engaging encounters.Print This Page
For Freedom Museum
Starting from $139 USD / Adult
Travel to the village of Knokke-Heist to discover an old schoolhouse that's been dramatically transformed to tell the local story of World War II. Between 1941 and 1944, those who lived and fought along the Belgian-Dutch border of the North Sea were spared no hardship from the darkest of times. Formed by two brothers whose father served in the British Army during the war, the For Freedom Museum, chronicles these days. It's filled with dioramas and lifelike figurines that provide a remarkably moving look at this tumultuous period and the brave souls who fought and died battling the forces of evil. Marvel at exhibits that replay amphibious operations, and step inside hangars that house tanks, armored vehicles and aircraft. Wrap up your tour with a slice of cake and coffee as you ponder the sorrow, sacrifice, valor and hope that defined the years of World War II.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the For Freedom Museum, which chronicles the local history of WWII.
- Marvel at true-to-life dioramas featuring lifelike figures dressed in era uniforms.
- Enter the museum's hangars to witness military tanks, armored vehicles and aircraft.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Close-toed shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
- Guests must be able to enter and exit transportation independently. Some areas visited during this tour are not wheelchair accessible.
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should be accompanied by an able-bodied companion who can provide assistance.
|Location Bruges, (Zeebrugge), Belgium||Bruges, (Zeebrugge), Belgium|
|Tour Code BU80||BU80|
|Duration3.00 Hours||3.00 Hours|