Local Flavors of Barcelona | BRN1
Food and Wine#Savor local food, wines, beers, and spirits on these culinary journeys, many led by Azamara Executive Chefs, Sommeliers and Mixologists.Print This Page
Azamara Chef Experience: Local Flavors of Barcelona
Starting from $279 USD / Adult
Discover the gastronomy and viticulture of Spain on a culinary celebration hosted by the ship’s Azamara Chef and Sommelier. Your journey begins on the streets of La Rambla, Barcelona’s gothic quarter. Set off on a walking tour that winds past stunning architecture to the city’s favorite food market, The Boqueria. Here, meet up with the ship’s Azamara Chef for an authentic taste of market culture. Stroll past merchant stands overflowing with meats, local produce and seafood to select ingredients for a private dinner to be enjoyed later aboard the ship. Then, join your Sommelier for a lunch tour and wine tasting at the acclaimed AltaAlella estate. Stroll through fragrant vineyards; take in stunning seaside vistas; and savor traditional tapas paired with distinctive Spanish wines. Come dinnertime, indulge in a private culinary celebration prepared by the Chef and featuring dishes prepared with the day’s market finds.
- Join the ship’s Azamara Chef at Barcelona’s Boqueria Food Market to shop for locally sourced ingredients and distinctive Spanish spices.
- Accompany your Sommelier to the renowned AltaAlella Winery for a vineyard tour, tapas lunch and wine tasting.
- Return to the ship for a private “Chef’s Menu” dinner prepared for the group using the day’s market finds.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
- Local currency
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Light clothing
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- Guided visits to Boqueria are not permitted on Fridays and Saturdays. After an explanation outside the market guests are free to enter independently.
- Markets are closed Sundays and holidays.
- Guests must be 18 years or older to participate in the wine tasting.
|Location Barcelona, Spain||Barcelona, Spain|
|Tour Code BRN1||BRN1|
|Duration6.00 Hours||6.00 Hours|