Rural Holland and Amsterdam | AMA6
Sightseeing#Embark on a locally guided journey that’s ideal for first-time visitors and those seeking the premier vistas and landmarks of a destination.Print This Page
Rural Holland and Amsterdam
Starting from $119 USD / Adult
Step back in time on a fascinating journey into rural Holland that will take you to the beautiful town of Broek-in-Waterland and to an authentic Dutch windmill, with free time afterward to explore Amsterdam. Your adventure begins at the quaint town of Broek-in-Waterland. View the town's unique architecture, before making your way to Beemster where you'll visit the windmill museum. Enter an authentic Dutch windmill and learn about the cultural, historic, and practical importance of the windmills to the Dutch. Finally, travel back to Amsterdam, where you'll visit the UNESCO World Heritage Canal Ring area in the heart of the city. In the 16th and 17th centuries, the canals were constructed and the swampland was drained, making this one of the largest urban developments of its time. Stroll along the historic architecture, browse the shops, or relax over lunch on your own.
- Discover the charming town of Broek-in-Waterland.
- Climb an authentic Dutch windmill and learn about the importance of windmills to the Dutch at the fascinating windmill museum.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed city of Amsterdam.
What to BringShow
- KeyCard and photo identification
- Sun protection
- Cash/credit cards
What to WearShow
- Walking shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Wind/water resistant jacket
- Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour.
- This tour is strenuous.
- For safety reasons, wheelchair guests must be able to enter/exit the canal boat independently. Tour coaches are not wheelchair accessible.
- Guests must be able to walk approximately 2000 yards over uneven terrain and negotiate approximately 70 steps.
- Most shops are closed on Sunday and Monday morning.
- Tour sequence may vary.
- If coach is equipped with seat belts, guests are required to wear them.
- Group sizes may be greater than 25 due to operational and/or infrastructure limits.
|Location Amsterdam, Netherlands||Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Tour Code AMA6||AMA6|
|Duration6.50 Hours||6.50 Hours|